Learn how to make KayteDid86's viral "TikTok Beanie" with me!
These written instructions are intended to compliment my YouTube Tutorial, but should hopefully give you enough detail to use just this written pattern if you want to.
- 46/48 Pin Circular Knitting Machine (Any brand works, its the needle count that matters)
- 1 Skein Red Heart Super Saver Stripes in shade Retro Stripe
- Complimentary Colour for Inside of Beanie (Stylecraft Special in Aran in shades Fondant, and Aspen match the end colours of the retro rainbow really well).
- Tapestry Needle
- Embroidery Scissors
- Faux Fur PomPom
- Find the halfway point in your retro stripes rainbow (the deepest pink, and the deepest turquoise have DOUBLE the colour repeat of the other colours), and cast on using the normal method.
- knit until halfway through the deepest pink/turquoise (depending on which colour you started with) - This will be approx 45-50 rows depending on your machine and your tension.
- change to complimentary colour for liner to match the colour you've finished the retro section with.
- knit until you have approx 105 rows total.
- Cast off in the usual manner (video tutorial here)
- Turn tube inside out, and knot colour change ends together securely.
- Turn tube right side out, and turn one half back in on itself to bring cast on end and cast off end together at one end (right sides should be facing outwards on both the inside and outside of the beanie - I prefer to have the Retro stripe section on the inside for this part)
- Using cast off end, pick up cast on, and cast off stitches alternately (imagine a zip) all the way round.
- Pull closed using both tails of yarn, the best way to do this is to take it slow and steady to make sure you dont get any bits of the cast on / cast off yarn trapped.
- Tight ands tightly in a knot and cut yarn.
- Turn hat correct way round - rainbow section outwards.
- Attach PomPom.
If you've found this pattern helpful then why not leave a comment and say hi!